Monday, January 14, 2013

No Resolution...But Resolved

Last November I finally went for a physical exam.  JOY.  The doc checked me...pretty thoroughly and then gave me the news... "everything looks pretty good for someone your age (WHAT?), but your blood pressure is high and you need to lose weight" (the truth is I already knew that I was overweight and that my blood pressure was high).  "Start eating better and get some exercise," is what he left me with.
So I did.
I finally gave in to a friend's persistence and joined North Macon Crossfit.  I started eating a little less and cut out a lot of sugar and carbs.  I lost weight.  My blood pressure went down, and I feel pretty good most days (which is probably good for someone my age).  I even convinced Amy to start working out with me - one of the best ideas I have ever had.
I am blogging this as a shout out to all of the North Macon Crossfit crew - thanks for not laughing too loud at my early work outs... heck, my current work outs!  And as a shout out to Amy - thanks for joining me, and keeping me going.  This is no resolution, but I am resolved in staying in shape for a long, long time!