Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wanted: Young Men In The Church

I read an interesting article from Christianity Today entitled, Wanted: Young Men In The Church. Perhaps the article answers some of the questions that my previous post asked regarding the unusual PRESENCE of men at NCCd. I thank God for the men, INCLUDING Young Men that NCCd has. Even more amazing than just having men and young men is that many, if not most of our men are plugged in and serving somewhere. We have men who show up early to set up. Men who hang out after the service to tear down, Men who are greeters, Men who help out with our little ones, Men who sing and play in the band, Half of our Gospel Christianity class participants are - Men.
Consider this post a great praise! I am thankful to God for what He is doing - I am amazed!
We have young men - 3 years old helping set up and tear down with dad!!! We have high schoolers, college students, young dads, middle aged dads, old dads, singles, marrieds - We got em! Incredible.
In the mix we have some older strong leaders, AND some young emerging leaders. We have future church planters, worship leaders and potential worship leaders, teachers, and potential teachers. WOW! I have been vocationally in 3 churches, and VERY actively involved in 4 others - I have not seen anything like this! God is good. And what He is doing is WAY beyond me!
just happy to be a part