Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Hope

I got this today from a friend at New City...

Hope you are feeling the real spirit of Christmas but hey, you aren't alone if you aren't. It was good to hear your struggle with it Sunday. I have lost a lot of loved ones around this time of year so it kind of dies with them in a way. But I find that music has helped me. So I thought I would share a song that has helped me. "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" is poignant for sure. Especially this section:
And in despair I bowed my head;
‘There is no peace on earth,’ I said;
'For hate is strong,
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

’Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
‘God is not dead; nor doth He sleep!
The Wrong shall fail,
The Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men!’

It has inspired me more than any other song this Christmas.


Thanks to you, for sharing your struggle and your hope.