Thursday, June 18, 2009

Downtown Destinations (only it's not so much a "destination" in this case)

And the winner for this week's "Places to get your food TO GO" award is...

In the Limelight: China Wok
Where it's at: 347 Cotton Avenue
What to do: Walk in, order your food to go, then go somewhere else to eat (even if it's just under a random tree somewhere)

Have you ever found yourself in downtown Macon and suddenly realize you are in the mood for some Chinese? Well, maybe you ought to head on over to China Wok, just make sure you head out after you get your food. Wondering why I keep emphasizing that you should get your food to go? Well let me give you a little taste of the atmosphere and then see if you understand:


Yes, that is the whole restaurant. No, this picture has not been photoshopped to look desolate.

On a more positive note, the food is good, they give you lots of it, and the little lady behind the counter is very nice. I had sesame chicken and fried rice. It tasted like just about every other sesame chicken I've had, so there is definitely something to be said for consistency. And, you know exactly where to go to order:

(Notice the ORDER HERE sign right above my head)

Well, that is all I have on China Wok. I wouldn't say it's a must-visit kind of place, but if you want some Chinese, you can get it there.