Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The not so quiet quiet...

Not much posting right now, so it may seem like things are quiet - NOT SO!
Much, much, much is going on as we prepare for December and then weekly services in January.
We are talking with the Capitol Theater about weekly rental costs as opposed to monthly (pray that we get a good rate!),
we are talking about future plans and needs as we seek to make some lasting connections and become a regular presence downtown (that translates into - we are looking for additional space that would allow us access 7 days a week, 24 hours a day),
we are getting some invite cards ready for our December service to make it easy for our NCCd people to invite friends to the January service,
we are working on our next big mailer - set to go out Jan 2nd,
the Acts 29 guys asked me to get the rest of my stuff together so they could go ahead and move us to full membership, so I am working on that as well,
finishing up some info for potential financial partners,
working on Dec's message ideas as well as January's
Add to that
Amy's dad still being in the hospital (but getting better praise God)
Robby has surgery scheduled for next Tuesday in ATL to remove the rods in his femur (Motocross crash for those who might not know)
Christmas
and more...
Sooooooo, its not quiet at all. It is WIDE OPEN! And I am loving it. I am at peace right now with where we are headed with NCCd, at peace about the income questions that linger, at peace with all the stuff going on - just at peace! and excited... I am incredibly excited about the future that lies right around the corner. I cannot wait to see what else God is going to do in our midst when we go weekly. I am excited about the possibilities at New City - I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!