Monday, November 19, 2007

Steps of faith remembered...

Tonight was probably my last Missions meeting at Mabel White. We have a really good missions team in place and they have been great to work with. As we concluded our meeting one of the team members said, Keith I remember a year ago when you started planning all of these trips with us - 5 trips to Mexico, 2 to NY, and several others to Mississippi. We thought there was no way. And when you said you wanted the missions fund to pay transportation we really thought there was no way. And here we are planning another year! We did it and we still have money left over at the end of the year. She was crying.
I don't know why I am amazed - but I am. I am amazed at what God does when we step out by faith trusting Him. I am amazed at the truth of His Word - we reap as we sow. We have sown by faith in missions - trusting that God would provide for His work, and He has - abundantly! 2 years ago I started our missions year with no trips planned and $0. We close out 2007 having set all kinds of Mabel White missions records - most given to Lottie Moon in church history, most raised at our annual missions fund raiser, most participants leaving the state on missions trips (87), 1st ever medical mission trips (3 this year), partnerships with NY, MS, and Mexico. And after the most full year in the church's missions history we will carry $25,000 into our 2008 missions year! That's why she was crying! God has been so good. I am thankful to have been a part of His work at Mabel White. I am blessed to have the privilege of leading a missions team to such steps of faith. Thanks again, God.