Thursday, August 14, 2008

Are You For Real?

It has been one of those weeks - CrAzY to say the least! GOOD - but cRaZy.
On the 567 front:
The 567 is becoming quite a busy place. Next
Tuesday we will host open mic poetry night for the first time - Y O and the crew will be meeting here weekly. This is a return of open night poetry to downtown Macon.
Wednesday I met with the Platinum studios folks, they want to do a Platinum Studios Night at the 567. They would bring in their recording artists, maybe do some recording and bring great diversity to our music scene.
Adam DeLong is working on the 567 Art. We have met and talked and September should hold our first actual show and I hope be the start of some really cool stuff.

On the NCCd front:
I am stretched a little thinner than thin - though it may not show ;)
I have been hoping and praying for some relief and BOOM! I think it is coming like that - BOOM! All at once - In less than a week I have talked with 3 guys who are talking about joining New City - 1 would step in and help out with worship and technoledgy stuff for Sundays - he has experience doing this in a church setting which included organizing/building and overseeing multiple bands. He could be joining us in a matter of weeks.
Another is someone we talked with last Spring and may be able to make a December transition to Macon. He is currently serving as a youth pastor and has actually been through A-29 Boot Camp.
The third would be coming from the west coast and has pastoral experience in multiple positions.
CrAzY! And yes, they all 3 know that we can't pay them! CRAZIER!
All three are builders - guys who are ready to jump in and help build - I am amazed!
So - join me in praying for these guys and their families and the decisions they are making.

Then This:


Chris Horne of the 11th Hour asked if I would join a group of folks for a picture. He was writing an article on Macon's future - and on Macon's future leaders - and he wanted me?!?! The more I thought about it, the more I realized that NCCd is less than 1 year into a church plant and we (yes WE) are already making an impact on our city! I remember someone asking the question, "If your church closed its doors, would it matter to the community?" For most of the churches I have been a part of the answer is probably NO.
But NCCd is not like most churches! And the reason I was called for the picture is because WE are already making a difference. And YES, I think that less than 1 year into our plant, there are some in our community, some who are not even church goers or Jesus followers, who would miss us and see a huge loss in our doors closing. It seems we are already offering some hope. So - while it is my face and my name mentioned (and mentioned only) - it is really US, New City Church, making a difference and leading Macon into the future -

I told you this week was crazy!