Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Broken

Tomorrow night I will participate as a member of a panel at Mercer University. The Homosexuality & Religion panel discussion is comprised of Mercer religious gay students and local religious leaders. The discussion will address the individual's religious tradition and how they have personally or traditionally placed/viewed gays and lesbians. Also to be discussed: what will your tradition do to address homosexuality in light of the six states that currently legalize gay marriage.
I am excited and maybe a little nervous about the opportunity.
Nervous because I am a theologically conservative Christian who believes the Bible - which teaches homosexuality to be a sin.
Excited because this is a Gospel issue. In Jesus we have Redemption and Restoration. Sin has rendered us Broken - but Jesus has come to fix all that is broken! I'll leave it there for now and post more after the discussion.
Pray that I will boldly proclaim the gospel - with all kindness, compassion, and love... pray that it would be heard.

On a side note - My shoulder is also Broken! I just found out today 10 days after my motocross crash. The shoulder bone is broken where the rotator cuff is connected. Moving my arm causes the bone to be pulled away and makes the break worse. I am in a sling that keeps me from moving it. The doc will x-ray it again in 2 weeks to see if it is healing... if so, I will avoid surgery. Pray for that!