Friday, October 2, 2009

Need Prayer

For whatever reason, it seems that God is providing some pretty cool opportunities to speak to different groups. In light of that I ask that you remember me when you pray... as Paul wrote in Ephesians 6:19 pray for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel...

Sept 28th - I spoke at Mulberry Methodist's business luncheon - it was a joy and a great opportunity to share New City's vision for reaching the city and to challenge others in joining God's mission of redemption and restoration

October 4 - This Sunday - I will preach at Macon Community Bible Church's 14th Anniversary

October 7 - I am joining Jason Martin at the Georgia Baptist Convention to talk with GBC leadership (including J. Robert White) about Acts 29 and being Southern Baptist.

November 10-12 - Amy and I will head to Acts 29 Boot Camp in Louisville. The line up for this Boot Camp is incredible! I am humbled to have been asked to lead a break out session for church planters on Mission and Vision - Great Church, Great City. I will also have the opportunity to share a brief testimony in one of the main sessions on Decoding Your City.

January 22-23 - New City Church will host an Acts 29 Regional Event - Plant and RePlant. We are anticipating church planters and re-planters from all over the Southeast. We will have Tyler Jones and Jonathan McIntosh as our main speakers with myself and others, like Matt Adair, Jason Martin, and Jeremy Carr leading break outs.

Almost Every Sunday - It is a great privilege to proclaim Christ week in and week out at New City Church downtown!

Please pray for me, that in every opportunity I will with boldness proclaim the truth and beauty of the gospel!