Sunday, July 15, 2007

Band Practice, Waiting on the Rain

As an adult a rainy day is good - especially in a hot dry summer. But as a kid, rain was bad. I heard a church planter recently whining about how hard this church planting thing was... he's a few steps ahead of me in the plant and so I have secretly been dreading the hard part - its been like waiting for the rain.

So far, no rain. Yes, I am sometimes tired - its a BUSY time - difficult to keep up with everything, but I don't think I would say HARD. In fact, through all the busy-ness, its really been FUN - like a kid in summer with no rain in sight, God just continues to amaze me.

Tonight the band practiced - they are really sounding good. I am amazed at how God talents some people. I am also amazed at his continued provision. We had 2 new faces in the band tonight - Anny playing acoustic and singing some cool back up, and Eric on the drums. They just slid right in and played - almost like they had been there all along. Incredible.

I guess I'll keep an eye open for the rain, but for now I think I'm going to enjoy all the sunshine!