Monday, July 16, 2007

Cool Things #1024, #1025 and counting...

#1024
I met Chip Miller, pastor of First Presbyterian Church, Macon last Friday for coffee. He had heard about New City and had some questions. Great conversation - turns out he really has a church planting heart and is reading some of the same stuff as I am reading (Driscol).

#1025
After our Friday conversation, Chip invited me to come and talk with First Pres' elders at their monthly meeting! So, I did. I had a great opportunity to share with another downtown church what New City was all about. I shared our mission and vision - They had numerous questions - in the end, I had a great time!
First Pres has 24 elders - I think that means that I have now spoken publicly to a larger group of Presbyterians about New City than I have my own church! How's that for crazy. God just continues to blow my mind by doing things so different than I ever would have imagined! What's next!?!?