Monday, July 9, 2007

Wedding Bells

I met with Ashley and Colin today to talk about their upcoming marriage and about their lives. What a great time. The really cool part is that Ashley is a waitress at 2nd Street Pizza (at the Capitol Theater). That's where Ashley and I met. Over the course of the last several months (and many slices of pizza at the Capitol) Ashley and I began to talk. She and Colin don't really have a church home or pastor, so they asked me if I would do the honors. I'm thrilled! I get to do a wedding for a pretty cool couple, meet more people that I don't know, and go to the Capitol for a reception!
On top of all that, I got an opportunity to talk about how the gospel transforms every aspect of our lives as opposed to empty religion which does nothing and specifically to talk about how the gospel impacts and changes marriage.
What a wonderful journey Ashley and Colin are about to embark on - I'm thankful that God has chosen to include me, and New City Church in their story.