Thursday, March 27, 2008

Awed

I am sitting in my new office - 567 Cherry Street. This afternoon I decided to spend some time at the table in the window. It is a raised seating area with a 12 to 14 foot wall of glass that looks out onto Cherry Street. I am listening to Ben Harper right now - and over Ben I can hear the birds outside chirping. The leaves on the trees outside my window are beginning to unfold. Workers are putting up Cherry Blossom signs. I love the life of the city.
I met another neighbor today - Lee. He is Asian and came in to check out the changes.
I had an old friend drop in earlier with his wife.
I have also seen my new friends upstairs - Brad and Meagan and Chris from the 11th Hour.
Today, from my window, I have seen our city - some of the richest and most powerful in middle Georgia. I have seen young couples holding hands - young parents pushing their stroller. I have seen old couples - enjoying the spring day. I have seen the poor and needy. I have seen every color and shade of skin.
The diversity is beautiful.

All in all - I am in awe - that I would be here - doing this - whatever "this" is.