Monday, March 17, 2008

Jesus is building His church!

17And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:17-18
Sunday morning, for me, was one of the best worship gatherings I have ever been a part of. The band sounded great and the songs were great Jesus centered songs. I looked around the room and saw people I had never seen before - worshipping. I saw people that I don't know yet - but recognized because they are New City regulars - worshipping. In the band there was a new drummer, 2 new guitarists, and a new back-up singer - new to the band, but not the church. And all at once it hit me - Jesus is building His church - not just words - REALITY!
We are becoming a church - not just people getting together - a church, His church. In our midst - in downtown Macon - Jesus is building His church!