Sunday, September 13, 2009

Catching Up - Shipping Off

Last week was a F U L L week - normal meetings, normal (steady) flow of visitors, counseling, church plant coaching, and football coaching. Add to that attempts to squeeze in personal study and preparation for Sunday and you have a busy week... then add to that all that is involved in evaluating a property for a potential move and you have overload!
This week included multiple meetings with contractors, multiple trips to Planning and Zoning, a meeting with Inspection and Fees, and a lot of 'figuring' as we count costs and discuss possibilities.
Because this move would take us out of the entertainment district of the city center, I have also tried to talk with various people within New City, and people who are New City friends but are not affiliated with us as a church. The response from all has been positive in moving forward with the potential move - we'll see.
The latest: still counting costs, getting estimates, and will meet
with all departments week after next for a Pre-development Meeting to finalize things like parking questions, capacity questions and more!

Tomorrow I will meet up with Alex Early, A-29 Planter of Four Corners Church in Newnan and we'll head out to Houston for Boot Camp and to help with A-29 church planter assessments.

On a personal note... I am continually humbled by my own inadequacies and short comings. Sunday after Sunday I share with many of you what God has been convicting me of. Sunday after Sunday I feel as though I preach to myself and over and over I preach from and to my weakness. I am constantly amazed by God's grace and mercy!

See you Soon!