Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Old Made New - Re-birth of the Rookery

The Rookery was one of the best hang outs in downtown Macon for many years - it was a great place to grab one of Macon's best burgers, a cold drink and enjoy the company of friends. When I made the move to 567 Cherry Street as my office I was thrilled to be a neighbor of the Rookery - I looked forward to eating a Rookery burger and hanging out... but honestly was pretty disappointed when I did. I tried several times to enjoy the place, but just didn't. It was sad.
Apparently I wasn't alone. There were others who wanted to see the Rookery return to its place of fame. The place was recently sold and the new owners have done a complete make over! The old Rookery has been made new! The inside was cleaned and repainted, there has been some minor remodeling, and the outside has been completely changed! Not only that, but the menu has changed as well. Everyone I have talked to raves about the new menu, the new vibe, and the Re-birth of one of Macon's best old hang outs. So - if you are in town for lunch - or dinner - or after dinner, stop by and check out the Rookery.

AND - New City folks - they open at noon on Sunday - so drop in for a great lunch after our gathering this week!