Sunday, January 6, 2008

Great Kickoff!

Today was a great day for NCCd. We kicked off weekly services. This was the next step for s, and I cannot wait to see what's going to happen next. I am looking forward to getting back into
somewhat of a "pastor" routine - study, sermon work, following up with visitors, planning for the future...
Here are a few of the cool things from today - in no particular order:
* One of my best friends from high school came with his family - thanks Ed!
* The legendary ATV World Champion of 1988, Donny Banks and his son Chandler joined us as well. Did I mention Donny was ATV Champion of the WORLD (inside joke)
* Wendell and Peggy Price showed up - Wendell was praying for me (literally) when I met Jesus. He and Peggy were Sunday School teachers for me and Amy for years.
* My parents and little sis were able to join us.
* Chuck Ray led our song worship today - his first time.
* Anny was back with the band today - her second time singing with the band, her first time as a believer!!!!
* Fox 24 TV showed up, shot some video, interviewed one of NCCd folks, and I presume will air a spot on us tonight at 10:00.
* After the service a guy came to talk with me who "was just passing through" liked old buildings and thought he'd check this one out - he stayed for the whole service and said he was glad he did!
* I met volunteers today that I had never met before!
I am incredibly tired from the day - but already excited about next week.