Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sermon Series and Sermon Discussion

We kicked off the new year and our weekly services with a new sermon series entitled Gospel Joy. This series will take us through Paul's letter to the church in Philippi. I am pumped about this study and where it will take us. I cannot wait each week to unpack the true Gospel of Jesus Christ that brought Paul such great Joy!
I will post the coming week's verses in the right hand sidebar. I'll do that so hopefully our NCCd folks can read in advance and think about the section that we will cover. I also suggest reading through this great letter each week. As you do pay attention, and be alert for Paul's use of words like Joy and Rejoice as well as the great number of times that Paul refers to the Gospel, Jesus, or Christ.
Also, in conjunction with the new series, I have started a second blog - New City Sermons. This is a precursor to our Life Groups (small / community groups). These groups will be formed later and one of the things that will happen in these groups is discussion and unpacking of the previous weeks teaching. I am hoping that New City Sermons will serve as a platform for discussion, questioning, and thought within the NCCd community.
If you miss a sermon, or just want to share a message with someone, visit the New City Downtown "Media" page.

Can't wait till Sunday.