Friday, January 18, 2008

How Do You Do THAT In A Theater? BAPTISM

Exciting times! It seems God is doing just what we believed He would - imagine that - He is drawing people to Himself and using New City Church. Got a great e-mail from someone this week who wanted to talk with me about "starting her journey with Christ," and "how she can make Christ her Savior."
Can we get a SHOUT!?!

So, with great joy, we may be looking at a baptism soon! Which leads to the question - How do you do that in a theater? (I have already sent out the initial question of CAN WE? to the theater and am waiting on a reply) I have looked up prices for actual portable baptistries - WHOA! I have looked into 150 Gallon Rubbermaid containers (seriously) and even portable spas (as pictured)! Interestingly a portable spa with heater can be had for much less than a portable baptistry without heat! So - I am open to suggestions!

UPDATE:
We just got an OK from the theater for baptism!!! I picked up our "baptismal pool" yesterday - we should have our first baptism on February 10.