Friday, June 27, 2008

Thanks Brett and Caleb - Notes From Vail (3)

Sometimes a simple moment changes everything. I mean EVERYTHING. Caleb Land and Brett Moore first introduced me to A-29 a couple of years ago, now. That moment changed everything that would happen afterword. Pretty incredible, isn't it. Something as simple as, 'hey you have got to check out Acts-29 and Mark Driscoll - man you will love what these guys are preaching and doing' was used by God to impact eternity. Those words led us down a great path which most recently took Amy and I to Vail, CO for an incredibly 4 days. Thanks Brett and Caleb!
Wednesday in Vail was great. After our morning session together, Amy grabbed a quick lunch with me and the other A-29ers then headed out for a great massage at the spa. I hung out with Jonathan Dodson - pastor of Austin City Life in Austin, TX. A great connection and I look forward to learning from Jonathan. It seems they are doing some great community group stuff.
After lunch (and Amy's massage) we napped! Sweeeeeeeeet.
Wednesday night our regional leader - Daniel Montgomery - Sojourn Community Church - took all of our region out to dinner in Vail Village (where the pic of me and Amy above was taken). As good as dinner was, what was better was that I gained a coach!! I have been pushing to find a coach in the A-29 network who though like me and shared a common vision (there is great diversity within the network). Daniel and I had tried to talk before the retreat but had not connected - he knew I was looking - after some discussion on their shifts in community groups and our shared vision for community, Daniel agreed to coach me. That will be huge for NCCd. Thanks Daniel.
We closed out Thursday with a report on some great work all oer the world thru A-29 International. We concluded with a great time of vision casting from Driscoll. A-29 has officially outgrown 'network' status, we are fast becoming a movement.
What a week.