Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Continuously Amazed

I am continuously amazed with God's provision. I know on the one hand I shouldn't be - look at the stars on a clear night and know what you see is not even the tip of an unimaginably enormous universe of stars - and each one is named by him, was created by him, and hangs as it does by his amazing power. On the other hand that is exactly why I am so amazed - why would a God of such immense proportion bother with me?
Every day's provision is a testimony of his grace and mercy and of his lovingkindess, but these days leading up to the church plant are truly incredible. At every turn God is making straight the path; he is providing before I even know of a need. And he does so in ways that blow my mind - I met yesterday with a guy who knows everyone in Macon - today his wife called and is going to be promoting the new church and asked for additional information... I have no idea what God is doing there! Today Amy and I met 2 ladies - their families are looking for a place to plug in - a place like New City. We need someone with children's ministry experience - can you guess the area that their hearts beat for? Yeah - children's ministry.
Amazing, humbling
Why would a God of such immense proportion bother with me?
Maybe because its not really about me, but his immenseness.