Friday, June 15, 2007

From Boston...

I decided to take a break today. The wedding visitors from Ga, Al, Ks, and Fl are all headed to the city of Boston today for tours. Life has been really busy this year, so though it would really be cool to see old Boston and spend the day with Jacklyn's dad who has been here all his life, I decided to rest, read, listen to sermons, and pray today.
As I type I am listening to a sermon by David Thew at Sojourn Church in Huntsville, and I just read another blog by Timothy Cowin - here's a blog blurb:
The missional movement is a return to the understanding that as Christ Jesus came to earth as a missionary, full of the power of the Holy Spirit, drawing near to people to serve them in love and compassion, so the church is also sent into the world. A missional church is a Spirit-empowered, sent people, who penetrate the culture with their loving presence while communicating the gospel in relevant ways.

I am thankful for this day of rest, reflection, and I pray a sweet communion. Boston can wait.