Friday, June 29, 2007

How Do You Want to be Remembered?

I am completing a questionnaire from Macon Magazine for the upcoming article. One of the questions asked was, "How do you want to be remembered?" I'm not sure I ever really thought much about that. I could think of many things
1) A great husband
2) A great dad
3) A great friend
4) A godly man
5) A great motocross rider

As I have thought about this over and over, Hebrews 11:6 has come to mind - Without faith it is impossible to please God... I think that might be it - I want to be remembered for having a radical faith. I want to pass that on to my children, and my friends. I think that a man with radical faith in Jesus Christ is going to be godly, is going to be a great friend, a great dad, and a great husband. A person with radical faith in the promises of God will will point people to Him. A person with radical faith in His provision will glorify His name. And it seems, according to Hebrews 11:6, that God is well pleased with that person.

That is my prayer today - God, make me a man of radical faith in You. Help me to not question Your promises of future grace. Help me to be satisfied in all that you are for me in Christ - right now, and all that You have promised to be forevermore. Amen