Saturday, June 2, 2007

Drawn to Romans 10:1

After the concert Thursday night, after the kids were in bed, in the quiet of the late night I was drawn to Romans 10:1. Paul, speaking of his Jewish people wrote: Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. I have prayed for my city and could say that I have wished for the salvation of these people - but something changed Thursday night. As I read this passage, something pierced me as it never had before. I have cared for people - I have prayed for people - but suddenly my heart's desire and prayer is for the salvation of the people of my city - the bar tender at the Capitol and others that I have met there. My city is filled with people who know about God - who know the name of Jesus - who may be religious... but have no personal, intimate relationship with him - people who are in need of God's grace - people in need of salvation.
God is changing my heart.