Friday, May 30, 2008

Holidays, Life, Death, My City, and a Discovery

A mixed up title, for a mixed up day.
Friday is supposed to be Family Day. Time spent with family - some of which is to be spent discovering my city - Macon.
Monday was a holiday - which I spent doing NO work - which put me a day behind.
Add to the holiday and being behind right from the start a couple of weekday meetings - make that four - and suddenly life as a pastor and planter is full! Did I mention the last ballgame and Robby's party? Just more of life.
And of course life is not complete without death. One of our families suffered a loss this week - Russell Boyd's dad. The funeral was today at 2. Pray for Russell, his mom, and their family.

So with a holiday, busy life, and church family death - I hope you will once more forgive my weak installment of My City. Here's the best I could do...
Lunch today at Spaghetti Alley - it is in the alley right behind the 567. The food was GREAT. I had a H U G E plate of Lasagna - better than Carrabbas. Its a local spot and a dang good one. If you haven't eaten there - its high time you do! You can check their menu and prices out at their website. One of the really cool things about being downtown is that most of the restaurants are locals, not franchises - there's usually not another one like it! I also really dig that I walked to lunch with 2 guys from the church, met other downtowners, and then after lunch walked to the funeral home. I love downtown - I love my city.

I also have a new love - I am PUMPED about it. My new discovery - Pandora Radio. I rarely listen to the radio because they don't play much of what I like. I listen to cds or other stuff on my computer (which rocks because it plugs into the 567 sound system - thanks Chuck).
So today I wanted to listen to some Jack Johnson. Googled Jack Johnson - came across Pandora. Typed in Jack Johnson and Pandora started its thing! What thing, you ask?
O let me tell you!
Pandora has every artist categorized by genre, mood, and other stuff. Jack Johnson brings up a gazillion different artists who play similar genres and styles. And all day, Pandora has given me sweet music! So now, as I have certain artists I like to hear depending on my mood or activity, Pandora can feed me music - for free! Check it out - I think that you too will have a new love!

Now - to finish a sermon!