Friday, May 16, 2008

Random Friday Stuff...

Middle Ga Tornadoes: Last Count - 15
I am thankful to say that I received only 1 damage report this week from NCCd family and close friends. David Smith, FCA Motocross Georgia lead had 2,000,000,000 trees down. On the car, the house - EVERYWHERE! Thankfully David and family were safe!

As a result of the storms there have been an increased needs placed on the Macon rescue Mission and they are asking for help. We will begin collecting non-perishable goods THIS SUNDAY. So, bring the goods and we'll get them to the Rescue Mission.

Missing My Books:
I stopped a lot of stuff today - went by Lowes - spent $150. I then spent a good bit of the day building book shelves - a new home for all my books (or most of them I hope). Here's the plan -
2 shelves 8' high x 4' wide x 1' deep (finished them today - MASSIVE)
2 shelves connecting the big boys at the top
Between the 2 big boys I am building a hinged desk top that will fold up and out of the way when not in use.
I enjoy the power tools and the creative side of building things!

Overwhelmed With Work:
The needs and list of things to do hasn't changed - hasn't gone down much either. But I am at peace for now. Maybe, thanks to power tools and building stuff. Nah, I know that this is Jesus' church - and while I feel the press to get ready for the Fall, it is still His church - and He will build it!

My City:
I hope next week to start a Friday post about our city. My family will tour some of the old buildings and share that with you as well as other great sites and Macon history!