Saturday, May 3, 2008

Who Did You Meet @ the 567?

Last night was First Friday at the 567. Anny Stanley played some great tunes and was followed by Jim Cable. They were both great. As expected our crowd this month was very different - and great. Our first First Friday was a night of mostly our people, not so last night. We had a great mix of our own people as well as our city's people. There was a pretty steady flow of stop and listeners out on the sidewalk and a pretty good flow of folks in and out.

The post title question - "Who Did You Meet @ the 567?" is asked because one of our hopes is that the 567 become a great place for NCCders to meet people that they otherwise would likely never meet. Last night was a great night for me! Who did I meet?
I met local artist Lynne Barta who will display in the 567. Beautiful work.
I met Emily who was excited to see the new life downtown, but sad that she is graduating soon and moving to France in October.
I met Meagan, Emily's friend who recognized one of our artist's work. Meagan is graduating and heading to Mississippi to teach school.
I met Ashley and her boyfriend (never got his name) who volunteered to help with the 567 stuff and he will likely show up for band practice this week - a musician interested in possibly playing at New City.
I met a children's minister from a local church - sorry I forgot her name - she lives downtown and asked if we would consider doing a night service downtown. (We do have a good place for one)
I met Robert Reichert and Mrs Reichert - maybe I should say THE HONORABLE - he is Macon's mayor.
I met - or re-met - Walter Moody, his wife and twin boys. I knew Walter from FPD many moons ago. Turns out they don't really have a church home and they may visit us some Sunday.

I met others - like Bill standing outside the cafe - and still others as I served them coffee. A great night at the 567 and a glimpse of our vision for the 567 starting to happen.