Saturday, September 29, 2007

Acts 29 Next Steps

We received our official letter from the Acts 29 Church Planting Network last night - we have officially moved from the "assessment" phase to the "candidate" phase. We have about five more tasks to complete.
Part of the reason I am up at 3 something in this morning is because I woke up with my mind spinning about the next steps and where we are as a church plant. I am greatly encouraged! We were told that we needed to:
1) Plug in with an A29 Coach as soon as possible - I was ready to do that months ago! Point me to the coach.
2) Successfully break away from our current church - We are working on transition issues at our current church with that end in mind and in sight!
3) Work on raising support that will provide for our family - some foundation work has already begun in this area - In fact I met with one potential partner this past week and I am meeting with others next week! I have outlined our expected needs for the next year as a church and as a pastor.
The encouraging part of this is that we were already working hard in these areas and I see them coming together in a great way. As I look ahead to the other tasks, I feel the same way.
Jesus is building His church - how great it is to watch, and to be in the midst of!