Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Why I Love Acts 29...

Today has been long and full! It hasn't been a day of learning a lot of new stuff, but rather a day that affirms some things I already knew and that confirms the reasons for planting New City and the direction we are headed.
A few months back I went to the Ga. Bapt Conventions church planter orientation. We talked about a lot of stuff at the orientation, but not a lot about Jesus, as I remember. With Acts 29 the focus is Jesus Christ and the Gospel - EVERYTHING flows out of that. That's why I love Acts 29! In our first session Scott Thomas, the Director of Acts 29, talked about the MISSION. The MISSION flows out of the Gospel of Jesus Christ - our mission is His mission and His mission was the Gospel. In Session 2 Chan Kilgore talked about a pastor's desperate need of the Gospel in his own life. Session 3 by Tyler Jones (of Vintage 21-the host church) was entitle Preaching Jesus. Dang Good stuff! Looking forward to tomorrow.