Sunday, September 16, 2007

What A Day!

OK, so a lot of this is still surreal - I lived it, I enjoyed, but it almost doesn't seem real. What a great day! Here's a little recap:
6:00 am - up alone for a couple of cups of coffee, shower, hook up the trailer, load a few last things
7:30 am - head to Mabel White for ice an a couple of other things
8:00 am - to Greg and Wendy's house to pick up the movable wall/door whatever they are things - (Thanks Greg, they are great!)
8:30 am - Arrive at the Capitol Theater - the band was already getting there final touches done and there were people ready to help unload. More and more people began showing up and setting up... tables to move, chairs to move, room dividers to go up, mat flooring to lay down, coffee to make...
9:15 am - meet with Greeters, pray with greeters
9:45 am - Everything is pretty much set up, our worst disaster of the day - one of our brewers isn't working (that really was the worst problem)

Time became a blur after that! I can only tell you that at 10:30 the band started. They sounded incredible! We had a great crowd - and really diverse. The worship was better than I ever anticipated.
I preached - I had a ball - it was fun. And I got to tell the redemption story!
And it was over!
The set up and tear down crew went to work and the theater was set back up and trailer completely loaded in 45 minuets or less.
I must give a huge shout out to all of the New City volunteers - you guys ROCK! I also have to give H U G E thanks the the crew from Christ Chapel - you were awesome. The kids were incredibly well taken care of and everyone was enthusiastic.
I really don't know what else to say - What a day! Smoother than I could ever have dreamed.
God was incredibly good to us today.