Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I have offended a brother...

The following post has offended a brother. That was never my intention. Officially, unofficially, on the record and off the record - I love Mabel White (the people are terrific - they have loved me, encouraged me, and been very good to me).

If you like roller coasters, you might like church planting! I'm not sure I have ever experienced so many ups and downs in a single day.
Here's the run down:
down - terrible night of not much sleeping, a lot of thinking about church stuff
down - tuesday is staff meeting day at mabel white
For everyone to know - I think I work with some of the most fun people around - this was no dig at the staff, they are great! I am not real big on meetings.
UP - STAFF MEETING ONLY LASTED 35 MINUTES see above
down - i spent an hour and a half talking with my pastor about how much my pay was about to be cut (that was like the biggest down hill of the biggest roller coaster in the world - i think i might have even screamed!)
The screaming was to carry out the roller coaster picture only. I admit that I was thrown for a LOOP (pun intended) when I was told by my pastor that my pay was about to be cut by 40% - it was not what I expected. The idea was that pay would be adjusted based on a sliding scale from 40% to 60% between now and December while my insurance benefits for the family would remain unchanged. The elders allowed me some time at their next meeting to talk about the decrease in pay. The adjustment was made that my salary would be adjusted as follows - 90% pay for the remainder of Sept, then 80% for Oct., 70% for Nov., and 60% for December while medical benefits for me and the family remain the same. I am thankful for that provision. Very. It has been a gift from God.

I repented the same day that my pastor and I had the conversation (had to go back to my pastor and tell him i submit to his authority and the elders authority - God will take care of me and the fam.) I repent again for offending.
I apologized to the brother who was offended and I asked for forgiveness for being offensive. I say the same now to anyone who may have felt that I was trying to hurt my church. I love Mabel White - I love my elders (who have a really tough job) - I love my pastor and pray for him and his family. I in no way meant to offend a brother or throw rocks at my church and staff.
The rest of the previous post is HERE.