Monday, September 10, 2007

Growing Excitement!

I got a call from Chuck this morning who was downtown on business - he called to let me know that the Capitol Marquee is now announcing New City Church! It is almost surreal. It seems like just last week I mentioned planting a church to Amy - now this Sunday we have our first service. There is no way to describe the growing excitement for what is going to take place this Sunday. Are we ready? Pretty much. Will things be perfect? No way! But what here IS perfect? I hope that it will be genuine - not perfect. What will I preach? I think that I will spend some time in the coming services under the title - Finding Your Place in the Story. I am glad to be a part of God's unfolding redemption story - I am glad to have an opportunity to be a part of a church who has been written into that great redemption story. I think Sunday that will be the story of the day - God's redemption story - in the end New City Church will come and go, but the story remains - eternally. That's what this is all really about.