Wednesday, May 2, 2007

a good read

Wednesday nights are discipleship nights at the church. I love the opportunity to teach and to help shape the way people think. One of my frustrations in my current position has been the inward focus of our church. I have been working some to help change that focus (obviously depending on God to open eyes, ears, and hearts). I thought I might share a great book with you - its a history book of sorts - a look at how Patrick went against the Roman Catholic way of "doing" church and contextualized the gospel to reach "unreachable" people. It is very convicting. I have found that as I read it, most of our churches look more Roman Catholic than I would like to admit. Right now I am leading a small group discussion on the book - its been great! Read it and lead your people to read it. I'd be glad to share my discussion questions with you if you are interested.