Friday, May 25, 2007

Some pretty cool stuff in the making...

It has been quite a week! There are some pretty cool things that seem to be coming together.

Scott Park is working on the website. I'll let you know when its up, but it is really looking good. Scott is a pro - and he's helping out for $0, nada, nothing (I love that part). I just paid the server fee for a year and hopefully we'll be up some time next week.
Scott and I have also been working on the logo - doing a little refining - again, the cost has been $0, zip, zilch...you get the picture. The logo is going to be great.

I met with Glenn Grossman - he is going to do out mailer in September. We had a great conversation and he provided me with a ton of demographic info. Glenn is going to put together the mail out and we were talking about how we could communicate the new church in pictures. Glenn had some GREAT ideas. Did I mention he is also a professional photographer and loves downtown Macon - he's the official photographer for Macon's huge Cherry Blossom festival. I can't wait to see ho this one comes together.
AND
As I was typing this Scott called me. He had just been with his little brother - he's 26. Scott wanted me to know that his brother volunteered for service at New City. He said that his brother loved the idea of what we were trying to do - said he had had enough of institutional Christianity. He's unchurched, has been for years - but won't be for long!