Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Intersect Culture / A Good Missional Tool

Just thought I might share another good tool for helping existing church members think missionally. My current church has developed an internal focus through the years. This material is geared toward helping such believers takes steps outside of the church.
I am using the material during our Sunday School hour. While it is designed for small groups, I am leading 2 pretty large groups through it right now. There is a dvd for each of the 6 weeks that has about 11 minutes of testimony/interviews inclusing folks like Tim Keller, Lauren Winner, James Meeks, Brenda Salter McNeil, and Ken Fong. There are discussion questions and some great Bible studies to accompany each weeks testimony.
The discussion this past Sunday was great! I cannot wait to see what happens over the next 5 weeks. I linked the picture to the website where you can get more info and see a trailer for the dvd. If you are in an existing church and looking for a tool to help mooooooove people toward missional church - this might be for you.