Sunday, May 6, 2007

well now you've gone and done it

There is a certain fear that comes with certain commitments - I would compare it somewhat to the feeling I get as I approach a jump on my motorcycle for the 1st time. There is that moment when you have lined up the jump, nailed the gas, and there's no turning back... and what is before you is uncertain. How will the bike react, what if I don't have enough speed, what if I have too much speed???? You feel it in the pit of your stomach, it causes your heart to race, and usually I hold my breath... But there is no turning back.
That's the way I feel right now.

I met with the elders to let them know what was going on. The questions were good, but none that I had not anticipated - when, where, why, how much, how... The difference, I think, with the elders asking questions is that THEY ARE ELDERS! They are men in a great position of authority... some very wise men. So their questions bore a heavier weight.

I answered their questions as best I could. Sometimes my only answer is that I am convinced that this is what or when or where that God is leading me. I am convinced that downtown is the place, the Capitol Theater is the venue, and September 16 is the date.

We ended with prayer. One of the elders summarized it this way - Keith is going to plant a church - it sounds like he is convinced that he will do it downtown and he will do it starting this September. as elders, what we need to decide is whether or not Mabel White will support it, how, and what will that mean to the church. The elders will meet again, in a couple of weeks I believe, and we'll see what is next.

So now I've gone and done it.

I've lined up for the big jump,

I just nailed the throttle,

and there's no turning back!
Do you think that warriors have a little fear as they run into battle?