Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Train Wreck, Anyone?

building, BUILDing, BUILDING! That's the anticipation I feel - building more and more. Not a bad anticipation, a good one. Its a growing level of excitement. Do we have it all together? Hardly! Yet, I have this feeling of readiness.
I had a great conversation last week with a pastor at Community Pres. while in B'ham. I got to unpack a glimpse of the New City vision - I love doing that. He said, "that sounds great," and it does, if I do say so myself!
Then I added, "but what it will look like September 16, and then in October and November and December - WHO KNOWS!"
"Probably a little like a train wreck," was his reply.

I know. That sounds a little frightful to some, but at this point, I'm excited about it! I know how cray that sounds but it will be awesome! Trust me. It will all unfold in God's way and in God's time - and for His glory! He will provide all that we need when we need it. And if a train wreck is what he wants to use - GREAT! Let's do it, and then unpack it, and work it out, and be the body that he wants us to be. Maybe it was the good night of prayer we had tonight. Maybe it was the excitement I sensed in those who came tonight. Maybe it is all the great stuff God is doing around us, and in us, and through us.

As frightening as a train wreck sounds, for some reason the thought of this one brings me a smile...
Church planters really are crazy!