Sunday, August 5, 2007

YIKES! spread the word...

We took a little trip to see friends in Birmingham this past week. We left Wednesday night after church - packed as much visiting as possible in and stayed as long as possible on Saturday having dinner with our former next door neighbors. Needless to say, it was late, late, late (or early) last night before we got home and into bed.
After a good night of sleep I awoke not so early but very quickly. My first thought - NEXT SUNDAY IS OUR INFORMATIONAL MEETING!!! (Did all CAPS and 3 exclamation points communicate the urgency of my first morning thoughts?). We are 1 week away from our informational meeting.
I know, most of you probably think - A N D ? What's the big deal? My heart began to pound a little harder because the informational meeting means we are basically one month away from the first service - still soooooooooooo much to do! Then there's the information at the informational meeting - WHAT information do I need to communicate? What do people need to know - or want to know about New city Church? Will anyone show up? Is the band going to do a song? Do I need handouts? What info should I send people home with? O V E R L O A D ! ! !
I think I'll have to figure that out a little later.
Don't forget - next week is the informational meeting! It'll be fun. We'll have a good time and I'll get to share the vision for NCCd. Spread the word - it's all about to really get going- and I really CAN'T WAIT!