Thursday, April 26, 2007

Good News....Bad News

Pastor David and I were talking yesterday. There is an elders meeting May 6 and he wants me to speak with the elders about the church plant. As of today, the elders as a whole have no idea of what Pastor David and I have been talking about. That's cause for uncertainty!
My thoughts -
It could go BAD
and the elders not be in support of the plant. I guess the worst case would be that they ask me to step down from my position at the church?
They could allow me to stay on until September and offer no support to the new church?
It could go GOOD
They could want to be the major supporter for the plant?
They could embrace me and a church plant and allow me to remain on staff until some future date when the church is up and running?

The Bad news - if there really is any - I don't know what the 6th holds (I don't know what the next minute holds either)

The Good News - On the 6th or soon after, the questions will be answered and God will be glorified!