Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Where do I begin?

So, here's what's going on in my world right now - how's that for a beginning? I have a good ministry job at a good church. I am basically the missions and discipleship pastor. Basically because its that and then some. I went through a period of great frustration with my position and the church as a whole - some sleepless nights and a few antacids. After a fog of about 3 or 4 months I began to see a little clearing. There in the clearing I saw what I felt God was leading me to do - the next step in my life (or maybe leap) - plant a church.

My first thought -I must be crazy! My second thought - no way I can do this. Then I began to get some encouragement from a couple of younger staff guys at the church and some affirmation to the feeling I had that God had wired me different for a reason. For now, I'll cut to the chase. After praying, reading, thinking, and talking I came to the place where I began to think - maybe this IS it - maybe I CAN (by God's grace) do this - and yes, I AM CRAZY. Amazingly, with that my frustrations over my position and the church as a whole faded... no more sleepless nights and no more antacids. Maybe I'm on to something.
So, that's where I begin.