Friday, April 6, 2007

What's in a name?

OK, I need a little help. What'll we call this new church? A name is important.
Here are the 2 I have been bouncing around:
1) Community Church downtown. The "downtown" part is because we will plant other campuses (as well as churches). So, if we plant another campus in south Macon, it would be Community Church South Macon or Southside or whatever. But the name (as well as mission and vision) would carry to each campus.

2) New City Church downtown. here's why I like New City:

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed
Romans 12:2
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory… I Corinthians 3:18
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
II Corinthians 4:17
I believe that the gospel of Jesus Christ is indeed transforming. Therefore, I believe that as we share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the people of our city, our city will be transformed and made new. It is the calling of New City Church downtown to see our city transformed and made new!

Tell me what you think.
Community Church downtown or
New City Church downtown