Friday, April 6, 2007

What's the difference?

So, what's the difference in the church I see and the church I'm at? We all say we are Gospel centered or Gospel driven - but are we? I want to be. There's truly nothing new under the sun. After reading countless mission and vision statements from some great places - I borrowed some things that spoke my thoughts. Here's who we'll be:

Our mission - to see the Gospel transform everything within our reach – ourselves, our church, our city, and the world.

We understand that our church is more than a building, an organization, a man, or a service. We are a group of missionaries, a family of believers, a population of diverse individuals united by, striving for, and growing in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Better said, we are “a worshipping community of missional theologians.” (Dan Kimball, Vintage Faith Church)