Wednesday, April 4, 2007

I don't know a musician!

I know what music I like and what i think would be a good fit - Passion, Charlie Hall, Tomlin... PROBLEM - I may know what I like, but I have no idea who can do it! Our student Ministry recently had a D-Now weekend and we were a host home. It kept us pretty involved over the weekend. They had a pretty good band. So, I thought maybe these guys could help - even talked to a few of them about a possible plant. No strong feedback.
Sunday morn the band played again for the students - I came to listen. I look over to my left and there was a guy from the church - wide-eyed and jaw dropped! Turns out he had a band a few years back - traveled for a little while - opened for Doc Holiday and Molly Hatchet - old school southern rock.
Maybe this was my lucky day! (I don't really believe in luck).
We talked, he's real interested in helping start a church and putting together a band. I haven't heard him yet, but Shannon has put together 3 or 4 songs, landed an old band member on guitar and has his sites set on a drummer.
God, did you line that up?